Ride with GPS for BRBC Members
Ride With GPS has many things to offer the bicyclist. The BRBC Board is happy to announce that the Club has subscribed to this service making it available at different levels to all members. All members will have the Premium level benefits for rides and routes in the BRBC library and up to five administrators will have the unlimited Premium level benefits.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Download a printable PDF Map, Cue Sheet with Turn-by-Turn directions, Elevation and Estimated Time for Total Mileage, and download GPX or TPX files for your Garmin device or Smartphone.
- Turn-by-turn Navigation for Garmin, iPhone and Android, with voice. The need for a printed Cue sheet is completely optional if you are using a Smart Phone. The RWGPS screen on your phone provides the Map with Route Trail in Blue, and Tracking in Red.
- Record a ride and Live Logging for iPhone and Android – pictures geotagged
- Ride Summaries by Date Range, Bike, Distance or Elevation • Print Custom Maps and Cue Sheets
- Find Great Rides within the entire Ride With GPS library. • Create Your Own Routes
- Sync From Your Garmin
- Upload GPX, TCX, FIT and KML Files
- Pairs with 3rd party Bluetooth devices like *Heart Rate Monitors, Watches, Cadence Sensors, etc.
- Extensive library of Help with Demo videos.
Want to create a new route with cue sheet? Ride and record the route on your Garmin or Smartphone, and then upload the GPX file. This will also make it easy to convert the BRBC current Library of Ride Cue Sheets to the RWGPS Map/Cue sheets. You can also create a route with the Ride With GPS online mapping, save it, and let the admins know. They will then complete the process turning your new route into a full-fledged cue sheet with GPX file.
We will be emailing all BRBC members a link inviting you to join. If you don’t already have a Ride With GPS account, then you can start things off by signing up for the free Starter account at http://ridewithgps.com . We are also looking for a couple more Admins to help. If you are interested, then please email me at email@example.com.
On a similar note, please consider uploading your rides to Strava. Barb Mee, Transportation Planner for the City of Asheville says that she and other Planners use this tool to help plan long-range road improvements to include provisions for bicycles.