Here are some of the benefits:
- Download a printable PDF Map, Cue Sheet with Turn-by-Turn directions, Elevation and Estimated Time for Total Mileage, and download GPX or TPX files for your Garmin device or Smartphone.
- Turn-by-turn Navigation for Garmin, iPhone and Android, with voice. The need for a printed Cue sheet is completely optional if you are using a Smart Phone. The RWGPS screen on your phone provides the Map with Route Trail in Blue, and Tracking in Red.
- Record a ride and Live Logging for iPhone and Android – pictures geotagged
- Ride Summaries by Date Range, Bike, Distance or Elevation • Print Custom Maps and Cue Sheets
- Find Great Rides within the entire Ride With GPS library. • Create Your Own Routes
- Sync From Your Garmin
- Upload GPX, TCX, FIT and KML Files
- Pairs with 3rd party Bluetooth devices like *Heart Rate Monitors, Watches, Cadence Sensors, etc.
- Extensive library of Help with Demo videos.
If you don’t already have a Ride With GPS account, then you can start things off by signing up for the free Starter account at http://ridewithgps.com. To gain access to all the premium features of the BRBC routes, then please email Joe Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On a similar note, please consider uploading your rides to Strava. Barb Mee, Transportation Planner for the City of Asheville says that she and other Planners use this tool to help plan long-range road improvements to include provisions for bicycles.