The Blue Ridge Bicycle Club advocates safe and enjoyable cycling of all types in Western North Carolina. We promote recreational bicycling and work to improve public awareness of cyclists by serving our community with advocacy activities and monthly trail maintenance. Helmets are required for all participants.
Your Benefits for becoming a member are:
- Advance notice on all BRBC road bike rides
- Meet other cyclists
- Access to ALL 225+ cue sheets developed by Ralph Draves
- Newsletter:The Spoke ‘n Word, distributed by e-mail to club members before it’s posted online
- 10% discount on parts, accessories, and clothing at the participating local bicycle shops:
- Discounted registration to The Fletcher Flyer – $5.00 off registration fee
- Discounted membership to IMBA – $5.00 off regular membership fee
- Discounted membership to LAB – $5.00 off regular membership fee
- Invitation to our annual year end party
- The BRBC is 501 (c)(3) charitable non-profit organization and dues and donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by the IRS
Membership fees: $25.00 for an individual and $30.00 for a family membership.
The Blue Ridge Bicycle Club is made up of men and women of all ages with various skills and endurance levels most of whom live in the Western North Carolina area. BRBC provides group rides for all levels with ride leaders and sweeps so there is “no one left behind”.
We sponsor various riding events such as the Hilly Hellacious and the Fletcher Flyer. Both events attract people from all over the country. The Fletcher Flyer has provided the revenue for us to support bicycle and healthy living advocacy in our area.
Because we are a group of over 500 members we have a substantial voice which is heard when it comes to acquiring bike lanes, greenways and other bicycle related improvements in our area. Our programs and dues allow us to back up our voices with donations to help fund these improvements.
You may ask “What is the best part of being a member in the BRBC?” The answer – Our Members. We are a group of over 500 people who simply enjoy riding and enjoy the company of other riders. Our members volunteer to lead and sweep rides so others can experience the joy of sitting on a bike and experiencing all that Western North Carolina has to offer – the views of the mountains, pastures, streams and waterfalls, seen from a bike. But let’s not kid ourselves – we just love the feeling we get every time we hop on our bike and pedal – pedal – pedal. The exhilarating sense of freedom!!
Last but not least, bike riding is good for your health and for the environment. It is a “clean” sport. We don’t have to sacrifice the environment to have a good time. It is the most fun you can have while striving to stay healthy.